|Selected publications (1998-2001)
1. Misener, S. and Walker, V.K. (2001) Complementation cloning and characterization of the pyrroline 5-carboxylate reductase gene from Drosophila melanogaster. Biochem. Genetics 39: 15-31.
2. Zhou, S., J. Zhang, M. Hirai, Y. Chinzei, H. Kayser, G.R. Wyatt and V.K. Walker (2001) A locust DNA-binding protein involved in gene regulation by juvenile hormone. Molec. Cellular Endocrinol. in press
3. Wu, B.S., V.K. Walker and R.M. Robertson (2001) Heat-shock-induced spike broadening and thermoprotection in the locust flight system. J. of Neurophysiol. in press
4. Kuiper, M.J., P.L. Davies and V.K. Walker (2001) A theoretical model of a plant antifreeze protein from Lolium perenne. Biophys. J. in press
5. Misener, S. and V.K. Walker (2001) Cold tolerance and proline metabolic gene expression in Drosophila melanogaster. J. Insect Physiol. 47:393-400.
6. Duncker, B.P., Rancourt, D.E., Tyshenko, M.G., Davies, P.L. and Walker V.K. (2001) Drosophila as a model organism for the transgenic expression of antifreeze proteins. Cell and Molecular Responses to Stress II Chapter 2.
7. Graether, S.P., Kuiper, M.J., GagnÈ, S.M., Walker, V.K., Jia, Z., Sykes, B.D. and Davies, P.L. (2000) _-Helix structure and ice-binding properties of a hyperactive antifreeze protein. Nature 406:325-326.
8. Misener, S. and Walker V.K. (2000) Extraordinary high density of unrelated genes showing overlapping and intraintronic transcription units. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1492:269-270
9. Liou, Y-C., Daley, M., Graham, L., Kay, C.M., Walker, V.K., Sykes, B.D. and Davies, P.L. (2000) Folding and structural characterization of highly disulfide-bonded beetle antifreeze protein produced in bacteria. Protein Expression & Purification 19: 148-157.
10. Walker, V.K., Tyshenko, M.G., Kuiper, M.J., Dargar, R.V., Yuhas, D.A., Cruickshank, P.A., Chaguturu, R. (2000) Tobacco budworm dihydrofolate reductase is a promising target for insecticide discovery. Eur. J. Biochem. 267:394-403.
11. Doucet, D., M.G. Tyshenko, M.J. Kuiper, S.P. Groether, B.D. Sykes; A.J. Daugulis, P.L. Davies and V.K. Walker (2000) Structure-function relationships in spruce budworm antifreeze protein revealed by isoform diversity. Eur. J. Biochem 267: 6082-6088.
12. Graham, L.A., V.K. Walker and P.L. Davies (2000) Developmental and environmental regulation of antifreeze proteins in the mealworm beetle Tenebrio molitor. Euro J. Biochem 267: 6452-6458.
13. Edwards, M.J., L.A. Moskalyk, V.K. Walker and M. Jacobs-Lorena (2000) Carboxypeptidase A in Aedes aegypti is midgut-specific. Insect Mol. Biol. 9:33-38.
14. Liou, Y-C., P. Thibault, V.K. Walker, P.L. Davies and L.A. Graham (1999) Acomplex family of highly heterogeneous and internally repetitive hyperactive antifreeze proteins from the beetle Tenebrio molitor. Biochemistry 38:11415-11424.
15. Duncker, B., P.L. Davies and V.K. Walker (1999) Antifreeze protein activity is augmented by increased gene dosage in transgenic Drosophila. Trans. Res. 8:45-50.
16. Saleh, D., J. Zhang, G.R. Wyatt and V.K. Walker (1998) Cloning and characterization of an ecdysone receptor cDNA from Locusta migratoria. Molec. And Cell. Endocrin. 143:91-99.
17. Gauthier, S. Y., C. M. Kay, B.D. Sykes, V.K. Walker and P.L. Davies (1998) Disulfide bond mapping and structural characterization of spruce budworm antifreeze protein. Eur. J. Biochem. 258:445-453.